CAUTION: THIS CONTAINS SPOILERS
If you read this and it spoils the ending for you… Well, whose fault will that be?
- What do you believe happened to Genevieve during her “flashbacks?” What leads you to that conclusion?
- Do you believe that some couples are simply “meant to be?” Or do you think that there are multiple ideal matches for most people?
- Whom would you rather have as a best friend: Thomas or D?
- What do you think D is short for?
- Genevieve believes she is adrift in her life when the novel begins. Do you think Julien is adrift? Why or why not?
- Thomas tells Genevieve that Julien doesn’t seem like her type. Do you think Thomas is right? Why or why not?
- Why do you believe Genevieve chose to confide in Julien rather than someone closer to her?
- If a museum bought or received looted artwork in good faith, do you believe it is morally obligated to return it to the original owner?
- Do you believe Vivian’s actions were wrong?
- Do you think Genevieve and Julien handle Vivian’s actions correctly?